Re: outside grow

Nitrogen deficiency. The plant is metabolizing the old leaves to feed the new growth, and most of the leaves are a pale green overall. I don't really see anything that would point to other problems or deficiencies.

What's the brand of the fertilizer? 20-20-20 isn't very good for the veg stage of cannabis. You need higher N than P/K. I use DynaGro Foliage Pro during veg which is 9-3-6.

BurgerNFries wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:12 pm
What's the brand of the fertilizer? 20-20-20 isn't very good for the veg stage of cannabis. You need higher N than P/K. I use DynaGro Foliage Pro during veg which is 9-3-6.
I'm at work and rn I don't know the brand. but I'll take your advices and change fertilizer ASAP. Do Dynagro or the other is easily available in big bucks stores la Home depot or rona ?

Put them in a shaded area for a few days so they don’t get direct sunlight to take the pressure off them. Feed them some cal-mag and flora nova grow as mentioned. Could foliar feed at night time with some diamond nectar even. They will come around, just a nitrogen deficiency most likely. Those things are malnourished.

OMGginoOdjick420 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:07 am Put them in a shaded area for a few days so they don’t get direct sunlight to take the pressure off them. Feed them some cal-mag and flora nova grow as mentioned. Could foliar feed at night time with some diamond nectar even. They will come around, just a nitrogen deficiency most likely. Those things are malnourished.
I'm not sure foliar feeding at night would work, as I understand it the stomas are closed when it's dark so the plant wouldn't absorb anything before it dries off. Early morning is best for foliar feeding, before the sun is at it's peak.

BurgerNFries wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am
OMGginoOdjick420 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:07 am Put them in a shaded area for a few days so they don’t get direct sunlight to take the pressure off them. Feed them some cal-mag and flora nova grow as mentioned. Could foliar feed at night time with some diamond nectar even. They will come around, just a nitrogen deficiency most likely. Those things are malnourished.
I'm not sure foliar feeding at night would work, as I understand it the stomas are closed when it's dark so the plant wouldn't absorb anything before it dries off. Early morning is best for foliar feeding, before the sun is at it's peak.
I don’t have a lot of experience growing out doors, but I have been growing inside for 5+ years and I can tell you foliar feeding when the plants are sleeping definitely does something. I don’t see how it would be different just because they are outside. Either way. The problem is a nitrogen defficiency.

OMGginoOdjick420 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:17 pm
BurgerNFries wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:50 am
I don’t have a lot of experience growing out doors, but I have been growing inside for 5+ years and I can tell you foliar feeding when the plants are sleeping definitely does something. I don’t see how it would be different just because they are outside. Either way. The problem is a nitrogen defficiency.
I said nothing about it having to do with being outdoors. You may be right, after some quick research, just BEFORE lights out is the best time to foliar feed as the leaves are at their most absorbent. However, in an uncontrollable environment like outdoors, that's kinda hard to do, and leaving your plants wet overnight outdoors is a terrible idea, as ground humidity is usually higher at night and the leaves won't dry very fast, leading to powdery mildew, and bud rot later in the plants life.

I still think outdoors dawn is probably the best time to foliar feed. Hell, I've done it mid day in intense sun and while it probably wasn't the best idea, the plants were perfectly fine.

Thank you friends, they are heathy now. That bring me to my another problem... THEY'RE TOO TALL ! They will soon overgrow my fence ( which I'd rather not). I have 6wk left of growth before flowering, could I LTS them? I don't wnat to top them. Even if the stem is brownish ?

You could try to LST them, but be warned at this age the stems are MUCH more likely to snap than to bend, and you'll only be able to bend the top of the stem where its new. Topping would be a better option, but again it would have been better to start it earlier when the plant would have had more time to recover and you could've topped closer to the ground.

Also remember once they start to flower they'll stretch 2-3x their height. You think they're too tall now, give em a few weeks and they'll probably be trees.

Why do you say 6 weeks until flower? Most photos would start to flower between late July and early September, usually sometime during the middle of August.

I thought it would start to flower when we got to 12/12 light, which should happen mid-sept. I just assumed. ;) .

You say it can triple height damn... I think i'll go plant them in the woods... lol I don't want to loose too much they look good and the guy who sold them to me told me I could get almost a pound from them if everythins goes well. I'll think

Well they don't appear sativa dominant, so I'd expect them to about double in size, just know triple is possible.

Outdoor plants aren't really like indoor plants. Indoors you switch to 12/12 because thats the ideal cycle for flowering, but outdoors they start to flower sometime during the days getting shorter, usually between 14 and 12 hours of sunlight. I've had outdoor photos start to flower in late July before, but usually late August/early September.

Thank you again. I really appreciate your inputs.

I tried to LST them, let see how it goes. (I was able to bend them a little bit. I just followed the natural stiffness of the stem and didn't pull too much on them.)

Now, what would be the best course of action ? let the fan leaves growing into cola ? Or cut the fan leaves trying to keep the original stem as the cola ?